RamenRO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game

Mr_Complainant
    Mr_Complainant

Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game Empty Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game

Post  Mr_Complainant Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:49 am

first of all, i will not make this post to offend anyone especially the GM's, i'm posting this based on, mostly newbies', stories and opinions. [No name will be stated in this post].

The first issue is the so-called EDITED STATS

people were thinking that some players had edited stats probably because [1] newbies that are instantly strong or [2] Characters that have suspicious talent in playing the game. Now this is where i am to start our point as players. As we all noticed, as you 'reborn' your character and you level-up, you get bonus stat points..the question here is: "WHAT IS THE CHEATING PART OF THIS PROCESS?" my answer is NONE. I experienced the same thing since i did this process only once and as i checked the stat points had some increase.

why would people say this is edited? Where is the cheating in this part? Why are the reborn and the BONUS STATS there on the first place? no ones at fault...it just so happens that some people realized that this will help them have better characters(who wouldn't want a strong character anyway?)...and yes, this can be unfair to others but they should have realized that this is clearly being a wise thinker seeing that they can use the reborn process in their advantage. Why do we need to jail them? Why do we have to fight about this? I don't think it is clearly necessary to put them in jail for such a long time because of some suspicion.

The Second Case: Speaking Filipino in Prontera (Most people talk about this)

Clearly there are ups and downs regarding this case... this server is not a Filipino Server...but! most players, i believe, are filipino. Many people say that if we talk to the GM's, yes, we will certainly speak English for FORMALITY AND RESPECT...if we talk to our friends...we speak the language we speak....what people were thinking is that(which is true by the way) that if you talk to your friend who also speaks filipino, would u speak to him/her in english...and i'd honestly say that not all of us can translate well. I know it can be disrespectful to the non-filipino speaking people so we clearly understand the context of this rule, but being jailed for this, most people didn't like this...a case of which is when someone told me he said only one word that is not english and he instantly got jailed. The result? Many mad players...

And, some filipino players dont want bother to go to other towns because Prontera is the main city with all the things needed (i.e npc warpers, healers, job resets, etc.). If the GM's would want the filipino players to go to another town in order to talk is to put these essentials in one town...a filipino-speaking town....these may not be applied as fast as possible but this may lessen the conflicts regarding the spoken language. Yes, we do have pm's and guild messages but what if a person is in a hurry and he has to say something he cant translate that fast and the officials caught him? Will he be jailed for this?

Now I am done with this post, I hope this message will speak out to everyone involved...AGAIN! No offense to others if ever i offended someone...I am here just so the things causing the conflicts will be easily seen.

*please feel free to leave comments about this post, i would really love to read if people agree or disagree with this post.. and please don't trashtalk
    ________________signing off____________________
    PPPPPPPPINAKACUTEEEE
    PPPPPPPPINAKACUTEEEE
    Normal Member

Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game Empty Re: Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game

Post  PPPPPPPPINAKACUTEEEE Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:31 pm

i agree!!.. youre awesome dude to noticed all of this .. the jail thing is not fair for everyone..
    dom h.

Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game Empty Re: Regarding the latest Mishaps in-game

Post  dom h. Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:25 am

Mr_Complainant wrote: "a filipino-speaking town"

*please feel free to leave comments about this post, i would really love to read if people agree or disagree with this post.. and please don't trashtalk

if this server grows (which, in my opinion, wont happen anytime soon), you'll not only have more filipino players, you'll have different kinds of players, american, german, italian, chinese, indian, etc. if you, for a lack of a better term, "classify" each race to one town, example americans - al de baran, germans - geffen, chinese - byalan, italian - amatsu so on and so forth, would'nt that be a little racist? woe will not be called 'war of the emperium' anymore, it will be 'different countries fighting for the emperium'. unless, you want to achieve that. and will the filipino's agree if the mods/gm's assign them in one map? i dont think so.

my easier and more flexible suggestion is, keep the jail punishment (i say make it worse) and put all the essential npc's in all major towns. that way people can choose where they want to stay and still have discipline.

cheers.
    animatix
    animatix

Post  animatix Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Mr_Complainant wrote:first of all, i will not make this post to offend anyone especially the GM's, i'm posting this based on, mostly newbies', stories and opinions. [No name will be stated in this post].

The first issue is the so-called EDITED STATS

people were thinking that some players had edited stats probably because [1] newbies that are instantly strong or [2] Characters that have suspicious talent in playing the game. Now this is where i am to start our point as players. As we all noticed, as you 'reborn' your character and you level-up, you get bonus stat points..the question here is: "WHAT IS THE CHEATING PART OF THIS PROCESS?" my answer is NONE. I experienced the same thing since i did this process only once and as i checked the stat points had some increase.

why would people say this is edited? Where is the cheating in this part? Why are the reborn and the BONUS STATS there on the first place? no ones at fault...it just so happens that some people realized that this will help them have better characters(who wouldn't want a strong character anyway?)...and yes, this can be unfair to others but they should have realized that this is clearly being a wise thinker seeing that they can use the reborn process in their advantage. Why do we need to jail them? Why do we have to fight about this? I don't think it is clearly necessary to put them in jail for such a long time because of some suspicion.

The Second Case: Speaking Filipino in Prontera (Most people talk about this)

Clearly there are ups and downs regarding this case... this server is not a Filipino Server...but! most players, i believe, are filipino. Many people say that if we talk to the GM's, yes, we will certainly speak English for FORMALITY AND RESPECT...if we talk to our friends...we speak the language we speak....what people were thinking is that(which is true by the way) that if you talk to your friend who also speaks filipino, would u speak to him/her in english...and i'd honestly say that not all of us can translate well. I know it can be disrespectful to the non-filipino speaking people so we clearly understand the context of this rule, but being jailed for this, most people didn't like this...a case of which is when someone told me he said only one word that is not english and he instantly got jailed. The result? Many mad players...

And, some filipino players dont want bother to go to other towns because Prontera is the main city with all the things needed (i.e npc warpers, healers, job resets, etc.). If the GM's would want the filipino players to go to another town in order to talk is to put these essentials in one town...a filipino-speaking town....these may not be applied as fast as possible but this may lessen the conflicts regarding the spoken language. Yes, we do have pm's and guild messages but what if a person is in a hurry and he has to say something he cant translate that fast and the officials caught him? Will he be jailed for this?

Now I am done with this post, I hope this message will speak out to everyone involved...AGAIN! No offense to others if ever i offended someone...I am here just so the things causing the conflicts will be easily seen.

Greetings,

I will comment about your cases.

First case: Edited stats
    What do you, or do they exactly mean by "bonus stats" in "reborn process?" I don't get this. Explain that process.

Second case: Speaking "Tagalog," not Filipino. Filipino is our race/nationality
    If you know that this is a international server, and is an English-speaking community, then why the hell would you speak Tagalog? I mean, what's the point? Is it that fun breaking these rules? Heck, there's a rule in Prontera that you must speak in English, so why bother speak in Tagalog? It doesn't matter how many Filipinos are in this server, since it doesn't change the fact that this is still a English-speaking community.

Simple solution, indeed. Give us a town that we can speak freely in our own language, of course, put the necessary NCPs (ie. Healers, Job Changer). For example, Morocc. I know it's easy to put the NPCs in a town, but the reason you, the admin staff, did not do it is because it will add up in the server lag, if I am correct.

Oh, and don't be shy if your English grammar is crappy, that's where you start learning.

-M

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:20 am